Are you helping to build 365 days of #bicyclehappiness for everyone?
Can you shape the collection strategy for the Basil and MIK brands and translate it into successful products? We are looking for a key figure who seamlessly combines analytical thinking with a sense of customer needs, market developments, and commercial trends. Do you enjoy strategically planning and co-implementing the best collection plan? Then take the step towards Gelderse Ulft today for a challenging role as:
Collection/Assortment Manager (40 hours)
Where will you be working?
For almost 50 years, we have been designing stylish and practical bicycle accessories (including bicycle bags, bicycle baskets, bicycle rainwear) and suitable mounting systems in-house, and we market them through various B2B and B2B2C channels. Bicycle happiness is what we stand for, from day one. With the right bicycle accessories, everyone gets on their bicycle faster and more often. This makes the world more beautiful, happier, and healthier. It's no wonder that our motto is: Spread the Cycling Joy!
You will become part of an accessible and pleasant organization with an open atmosphere. People are at the center of our organization, and communication lines are short. You will be part of a hardworking and cozy marketing team of the Basil (bicycle accessories) and MIK (mounting system) brands, which currently consists of a Marketing Manager, two Content Marketers, and a Visual Merchandiser. With your arrival and other new marketing colleagues, we are working on the development of the marketing department, with brand and collection strategy, and brand activation for the Basil and MIK brands as the main pillars.
What will you do?
In this company-wide central marketing role, you will create a strong multi-year collection plan for the Basil and MIK brands with a clear vision and clear strategies and frameworks. You will be the director of our successful collection offering and, together with various departments including Marketing, Sales, Product Management / Purchasing, and designers, ensure the perfect future implementation, rollout, and performance of our innovative (sustainable) collection. For this, you generate and analyze raw market data, including target audience needs, future purchasing behavior, competition, and map out the entire collection in terms of sales and profitability. You determine pricing with product managers in mind, such as an appropriate suggested retail price. Additionally, you have a strong sense of trends, design, and aesthetics and can translate abstract trend reports into concrete product ideas and collection improvements that you can substantiate excellently. You translate all data into clear and comprehensive briefings for the Product Management department and the designers. You are directly involved in the approval process of designs and make changes if necessary. In short, you excel at taking ownership of our renewed collection, both in the process and in its monitoring. It's good to know that this strategic role has no sourcing or procurement character.
What do you bring?
• HBO/academic thinking and working level and several years of experience in a similar role
• Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills
• A strong commercial attitude, where you can turn data-driven facts into opportunities
• The ability to improve the performance of collections
• A strong personality, eager to learn and ambitious.
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language; German is a plus
• Knowledge and affinity with the bicycle industry is certainly helpful but not required!
What do we offer you?
A strategically and tactically strong role where you have the opportunity to contribute to our mission: Spread the Cycling Joy! This position also offers a lot of diversity in tasks. You are truly part of a small team that contributes to a larger goal, namely to promote the excellence of our Basil and MIK brands, our collection, and thus the bicycle happiness for everyone worldwide.
• A competitive salary and good secondary benefits
• A team that is in full development, offering plenty of room for your personal development
• A dynamic and informal working environment where the customer is at the center
• 25 vacation days, with the possibility to purchase additional days off
• Interesting employee discounts for you, your family, or friends
• Possibility to participate in relevant training and courses
• A good balance between work and private life with flexible working hours (starting times and hybrid working)
• An office that is easily accessible without traffic jams
• An appropriate pension and travel allowance
If all of this suits you or if you want to know more, do not hesitate to contact our HR department at [email protected] or call Joyce Leeftink (HR) at +31-315632222. We look forward to hearing from you! Surprise us, and we will surprise you."